The kitchen is one of the biggest investments in your new home, and for good reason, they need to be robust, convenient and long lasting. There are a lot of considerations to think about when designing your kitchen.
Here are a few:
- A good workspace triangle ‚?? that is the distance between the fridge, sink and stovetop. It should be easy to move within this space without obstructions or effort.
- The fridge should be in the periphery of the space, near the entry so that it is easily accessible for unpacking.
- Colours¬†and trends should not be followed too closely as kitchens are expensive to update - you need something that will stand the test of time.
- Quality appliances¬†are a big upfront investment but they will last longer, cause less hiccups, and are more even and precise when cooking meals.
- Two entries, or one large entry will allow for multiple people to use the kitchen at the same time.
We take care to consider all these elements when helping you design your kitchen. Check out our custom homes.
Smart ideas for a dream kitchen:
- Breakfast bar ‚?? having a lip overhanging the bench opens the kitchen for socialising or use as a working bench.
- Butler‚??s pantry ‚?? having a walk in pantry with power points and ample bench space allows you to access your kitchen appliances without looking cluttered or making mess.
- App savvy kitchen ‚?? people are opting for additional power points and hooks near their bench space so they can always have access to a good recipe or demonstration on their smart phone or tablet.