Take a moment
Building a house can be a pretty daunting process. We know there are a lot of decisions, reflections and apprehensions involved. Here are some things to consider before you begin.
First up - the questions you need to answer to determine your needs are:
- Where are
- What is
- Who is living
in the home?
Here are some ways a custom home caters for specific needs:
- Do you want to alter a plan to suit your needs, or would you prefer to be heavily involved in creating a new design? We are happy to work either way with you.
- Do you want to knock down or alter an old house, or buy an entirely new block? Consulting with a builder before you buy a block will give you more options.
- Are you a down-sizer aiming to age gracefully? If so, will stairs, small corridors and raised baths be potentially difficult to manage later in life? This could affect the choices you make in your design.
- Do you want to build your house in stages or all at once? Houses can be designed to expand with your family. Some people prefer to stage their build for affordability and convenience.
- Do you want to rent part of the home out for extra income? Many people do this so they can afford their desired home. You can do it short or long term, which would require different customised elements.
- Are you passionate about sustainability? There are a number of ways to design a home to be environmentally friendly using recycled materials and smart technology.
- Do you often have people staying with you? Or a transient family? Do you need a home that can accommodate a diverse number of people at different times?
Houses can be designed to expand with your family. Some people prefer to stage their build for affordability and convenience.